See Sheikhy Notes academy for madrasa, hijamma/cupping, Sheikhy notes publications and knowledge lessons
Email sheikhynotescharity@gmail.com

Friday, June 26, 2015

Boys on the beach






We want to play
We want to run free
Forget about the bombs
Forget that my parents were murdered
Forget my grandparents were killed in their villages
Forget that my relatives are being tortured in jails
Forget that I cant go to school because its been blown up
Forget that I live in rubble
Forget that I can't escape this living hell
Forget for a moment
Forget that one of neighbors was ran over in car
By a man who will never be tried for murder
Forget that there is no future and there is no hope
We want to play
Bang
My friend does not move anymore
Bang
Sniper takes another person I know
I can still run
I can still get away
Bang
Did something hit me?
I look up
I feel warm
Am I bleeding?
The dead don’t need to play anymore

No comments:

Post a Comment