Thursday, October 31, 2013
Wednesday, October 30, 2013
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Friday, October 25, 2013
Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Part Twenty Eight
1. When you seek something other than Allah you become lost. When you seek Allah then you find your place.
2. When you rely on something other than Allah it will be taken from you. When you fear something other than Allah then you will meet your fears.
3. We do not take religion from poets...
4. Good people and good news rarely make the headlines...
5. Immorality is big business...
6. Your Nafs wants to go to paradise but its stubborn and needs convincing.
7. Why are we so bothered about what we are not supposed to do and not bothered at all about what we are commanded to do.
8. If you do not get your hands dirty your heart won't become clean...
9. Just because someone dresses like a scholar does not mean he is one.
10. Do not let your heart change; whatever happens to you.
11. Have you ever thought that the things the Prophet (may Allah bestow peace and blessings upon him) described in hadith could only be described if he saw them displayed before him....
12. Whatever you do for yourself has no reward at all anywhere. What you have done for Allah there is a reward for in the afterlife even if there is no recognition in the world.
13. Once someone accepts their situation then the opening comes...
14. If you only have compassion and mercy for your group, your race, your nationality; then you have not understood Islam at all...
15. The seeking of forgiveness for you by the Prophet (may Allah bestow peace and blessings upon him) does not mean you are forgiven. To fulfil the rights of repentance you have to repent, that cannot be done for you. This means that you have tawfiq/assistance to repent. So the seeking of forgiveness for you is the assistance and ability laid out for you to repent.
16. The haves and the have nots are all being tested.
17. Tasawwaf is about continuous sacrifice.
18. The main difference between a scholar of the Ahl Al-Sunnah wa Jammah (Ashari's and Maturdi's), and those outside, is that they build on what was previously stated. As for those who are outside Ahl Al-Sunnah wa Jammah they destroy everything that was said previously for what they have just said.
19. Every success is preceded by effort.
20. Those scholars who say we should speak Urdu only should not be allowed to preach in the UK. It should be mandatory for each masjid to have at least one speaker in English and do not come to me complaining that the youth are not interested in Islam. Of course they are not because you speak a language they do not understand!
Sunday, October 20, 2013
Chapter twenty nine
1. If we can't trust politicians to tell the truth about their expenses; how can we expect them to tell the trust about international affairs!??! Wake up you are being lied to by someone who is convinced of his lies!
2. It does not matter how hard you try if its not meant to be - its not meant to be.
3. Sins weight someone down, repent and lose weight!
4. One of signs of a disbeliever is that he places a barrier in the path of Allah. They do not like people to teach the deen nor learn. So when a believer has this he is closer to disbelief that belief.
5. A beard is not a political statement its just hair!
6. Knowledge makes sure your actions valid, even if little. Ignorance makes actions invalid even if a lot...
7. Saying Bismillah over something thats haram does not make it halal. Please try to understand!
8. Never thought that I would see people jealous of Ahl Al-Bayt but when I did it was nothing short of ugly. Check your iman!
9. When you fear something other than Allah then you come to face to face with your fears. When you fear Allah alone then you are safe from everything
10. Going to Mekka or Medinah or a grave of a wali is not a chance to pose...
11. Allah knows what you are so why are pretended before people?
12. The greater you hold onto this world, the greater your pain will be when it leaves you.
13. Accustom yourself to humiliation and you won’t be disappointed.
14. Most people are not what they say they are.
15. Most people do not do what they say.
16. Do not have pride in repentance.
17. People have different ranks and are tried differently. They are not the same.
18. One of the awilyah said words to the effect that the spirits of the four caliphs are in the four madhabs. Abu Bakr in Hanafi, Umar in Maliki, Uthman in Hanbali and Ali in Shafi (may Allah show them all mercy and be pleased with them)
19. Why is it only Muslims who are pressured to condemn terrorism? When other countries who perform state terrorism are not asked to condemn their own actions of indiscriminate violence upon civilians? It is not time that everyone condemn anyone who is killing/murdering civilians.
20. Ibn Daqiq Al-'Id (may Allah show him mercy) said that excellent character is bearing harm from people.
21. True sincerity is that one performs an action for Allah, not for anything or anyone and not for recognition even if it works out or does not. That's sincerity.
Wednesday, October 16, 2013
- Its funny when we have time to destroy something but do not have time to help build something...
- Do not allow to be distracted by your worldly problem from Allah the Exalted
- When you feel haughty when people praise you and despondent when people curse you then you have missed the point...
- What's the point trying to be some super sufi when you can't even stay away from haram and avoid the halal?
- All the problems in your
life are summed up here.
Abu Hassan As-Shadhali (may Allah be pleased with him) said, "Love entails Allah taking his servant's heart away from everything but Him."
So when you understand it then you'll be free.
- If what you are doing does not bring you closer to Allah (the Exalted) then its a waste of time and deserving punishment.
- Sometimes people distract us from Allah. so Allah removes them from our lives.
- One of ways Allah calls a person to him is by turning people against him - so he turns whole heartily to Allah.
- One of the awilyah of maroc said words to the effect When Allah (the Exalted) wishes to destroy something. It is raised up then smashed to the ground.
- On the internet you can be anyone you want, quote anyone you want and pretend to be whatever you make others think. But Allah (the Exalted) knows what you are so who are you fooling?
- When you think the world is black and white then you have lost your humanity...
- When you follow your desires you make your desire your idol...
- The spiritual path is about being displeased with yourself so you change yourself. Not being pleased so you stay the same or become worse.
- If the masjid is just for committee members and their activities then its just a social club and there is no reward for social club.
- When you fear something other than Allah then you come to face to face with your fears. When you fear Allah alone then you are safe from everything.
- By the time of Imam Al-Darqawi's passing he had walked 40,000 men through the spiritual path and they were all qualified as spiritual masters. What was his secret of his path? Give away all your possessions and that is your starting position.
- Imam Al-Darqawi recited the Quran sixty times at the grave of Idris al-Thani in Fez for assistance to find a Sheikh. And with the help of Syed Hamid he found the great wali Sidi Ali Al-Jamal (may Allah show them mercy).
- Those scholars who say we should speak Urdu only should not be allowed to preach in the UK. It should be mandatory for each masjid to have at least one speaker in English and do not come to me complaining that the youth are not interested in Islam. Of course they are not because you speak a language they do not understand!
- True sincerity is that one performs an action for Allah, not for anything or anyone and not for recognition even if it works out or does not. Thats sincerity.
- Part of our belief in the day of judgement is that the oppressed will be avenged on that day. So do be aggrieved when you do not see it now. Man's ability for justice is limited and the justice of Allah is absolute.