See Sheikhy Notes academy for madrasa, hijamma/cupping, Sheikhy notes publications and knowledge lessons
Email sheikhynotescharity@gmail.com

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Are you doing your bit?


One of my trusted friends once asked me, “Are you doing you bit?”

I replied, “Bit of what?”

“Your bit; are you doing your bit?”

“Bit of what?”

“Your bit for Islam.”

“What do you mean?”

“Are you spreading Islam?”

“I need to learn.”

“You don’t need knowledge to talk. Sometimes I ring up a radio show and talk to people clarify a few things.”

“I need to study.”

“Study and do your bit.”

In whatever capacity you are in you can spread Islam which does not mean forcing people into Islam or talking over them or demeaning them. It means doing what you are able to do within the situation that you are in. Trying to do the best you can to break down barriers in your communities, to help people, to spread knowledge; to basically do something positive. We can all do this and if we all do our bit then it’ll add to a lot.


So now I am asking you, “Are you doing your bit?”

No comments:

Post a Comment