See Sheikhy Notes academy for madrasa, hijamma/cupping, Sheikhy notes publications and knowledge lessons
Email sheikhynotescharity@gmail.com

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Our Actions Live Forever


This is a picture of the grave of Uthman ibn Affan (may Allah be pleased with him) the third rightly guided khalif - his great work was mass transmitting the copy of the Quran that was gathered in the time of Abu Bakr (may Allah be pleased with him). He copied it and sent it to all the major cities to make sure we were all reading the same Quran. As some people had incomplete copies of the Quran. So any Muslim who reads the Quran now has to be grateful for Uthman ibn Affan (may Allah be pleased with him) for making sure we are reading the same book. This was his amazing action that will live forever and what an action!
Recently, I was walking in a city that I had not visited for about ten years. It was unusual and perhaps expected that just about everything had changed and it felt very strange to be here after all this time.
The streets were the same, the shops had gone and so had some of it features. In many ways this city had become a stranger to me. As I walked past places that I once frequented I was reminded of the things that I used to do.
The thing that struck me the most was how vivid those memories were. Even though I had not thought about that city or any of these places for many years. It was almost as if the actions that I did were suspended somewhere and I was coming back to visit the remains. I really did not like what I was reminded of. I had, by the grace of Allah, given up listening to music and I was all the better for it. But the fact that I used to listen to a certain type of music did not please me, when I was reminded of it.
Then it struck me.
Our actions live with us forever.
Whatever we do in this world comes with us into the next. Whether they are good or bad they will come with us like companions. If they are sins then we won’t be pleased see them! Did you forget what you said something to a person on that day when you lost your temper? Don’t you remember hurting that person who was trying to help you? All those things that we do not think about will be brought forward, good or bad.
If they are good then we will be happy to see them but if they are not then we will be extremely upset to them and then we will try to distance ourselves from them. Our actions will last forever and we will be rewarded forever or we will be punished forever.
If you tear a page of one of your books, that page is torn forever and no matter what you do, that page will never be the same. Even if you put tape on it so it does not tear more, that page will never be the same again.
So which would you rather have? Good actions or bad actions? Make your choice because whether we like it or not our actions will live on forever even though we have long since forgotten about them. And like that city that we once frequented it will remind us of what we used to do. I don't know about you but I want to be reminded of good things that I used to do not the bad things.

2 comments:

  1. Salaam alaikum Br. Arfan

    May Allah reward you for your reminders and words of inspiration. Afwan, would it be that you meant 'grace' and not 'grace' in Line 13 of the article.

    Wasalaam

    Adam

    ReplyDelete
  2. Salam alikum

    Thanks Adam. My proofreader missed that!

    ReplyDelete